We are in FULL BLOOM this Spring with Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival.
Sophie here, (@pixiedustandpunk), and I’m going to talk to you guys about this year's Flower and Garden Festival! Flower and Garden, if you haven’t been and live under a rock, is a festival at Disney Worlds’ Epcot. It is completely transformative and sends you right into spring- head first. With different character topiaries everywhere and the abundance of blooms, you seriously will never run out of photo-ops. Flower and Garden is my favorite festival of the year! This festival truly has a special place in my heart- my birthday lands in spring, (March 22nd if anyone wants to Venmo me, jk but really), and as a family, we always went to Disney this time of year to celebrate. There are SO MANY festive foods and drink options to try and I’m here to tell you all the HITS and MISSES, (and things I am dying to try), of this years’ festival.
Starting with the foods/drinks I (or my peers) HAVE tried- keep in mind It’s CORONAVIRUS and I’ve only gone three times this season.
- Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Icecream
- This item is a dessert that can be located at the Honey Bee-Stro. I did not personally have this item but my best friend said it was suuuper creamy and delish!
- DOLE WHIP!
- You can find the Dole Whip at the Pineapple Promenade in the World Showcase Plaza. Every season they bring in the beloved Dole Whip to Epcot. This is always a delightful and refreshing choice after a long and hot day at Epcot, (because we all know how drinking around the world in the heat can make you feel).
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL.
- You can find this wine also in the Pineapple Promenade! If you like sparkling wine- you will love this one. It is SO refreshing and not too sweet. This booth has the pineapple wine every year and it was actually my *first alcoholic drink ever as being 21 (wink wink).
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
- This item can be found at Northern Bloom in the Canada Pavilion. Again, this is an item that I did not try myself, but I heard AMAZING reviews about it. This item has come and gone most festivals and my mom is somewhat of a beef connoisseur. This item is a MUST try for people who like steak and potatoes!
- Éclair Chocolat Framboise: Éclair filled with Raspberry and Chocolate Mousse
- This dessert can be found in Fleur De Lys in France. This dessert is a TRUE love for most people and all my peers that have had it! If you like éclair’s- which I do not- you will LOVE this item.
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy with Vodka, Grey Goose l’Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, with White and Red Cranberry juice.
- This drink can be found in the Fleur De Lys booth in France. I could literally drink the La Vie en Rose every day- it’s PINK and so refreshing. I’m not one to like vodka usually but in this drink, you can’t even taste the alcohol, which makes it even more dangerous, (okay I’ll take two now please)!
- The beloved frushi can be found in Japan at the Hanami booth. The BELOVED frushi is a huge hit to most, (I’m not a fan I’m sorry don’t lynch me). It’s essentially fruit, wrapped in sweet rice and soy paper, like sushi usually is. It’s served with whip cream, (barf), and berry sauce. In my defense, I like raw fish as sushi should be, but everyone truly loves this item so naturally, it ended up on the “must” list.
- FROZEN ITALIAN MARGARITA with Limoncello and TEQUILLA!
- You can tell I’m excited about this one, it can be found at the Primavera Kitchen in Italy. Long story short about my first dealing with Limoncello- Cody and I went backpacking in Italy two years ago in January. One of the nights we went to this hole-in-the-wall restaurant that was family-owned for dinner, and the waiter kept giving us Limoncello shots as a “welcome” drink. I hated the drink then, but I love it now. Whenever I taste Limoncello now it reminds me of happy times, and to add tequila to it makes it ALL the better. If you’ve read my previous blog post about drinks and snacks in the parks, you’ll know how I scour Epcot to find this drink.
- Moscato Fior d’Arancio Montegrange
- This beverage can be again found in the Primavera Kitchen in Italy. I LOVE MOSCATO, that is all.
- The Bellini at the Primavera Kitchen in Italy is AUTHENTIC and genuine. If you’ve had one before, you’ll know what I mean.
- Kung Fu Punch
- This beverage can be found at the Lotus House in China but ALSO is available year-round at Joyful Tea. This drink is SO tasty, refreshing and fruity. Again, I don’t usually like vodka but this drink can make me a believer.
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (plant-based)
- This item can be found at Trowel and Trellis. It is PLANT-BASED, (yay)!!! Not only is this item SO GOOD, but they also grill it right there for you to see. There’s something so satisfying about watching your festival food be cooked right in front of you. *WARNING: the corn DRIPS all over you.
Now onto the things, I MUST try that sound super good. If any of you have had any of these items, please DM me on Instagram or comment down below what you thought!
- Seared Verlasso Salmon with Farro Risotto and Micro-herbs
- This plant-based dish can be found in the Flavor Full Kitchen in Future World.
- Dole Whip with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- This beverage is located in the Pineapple Promenade. I don’t actually know why I haven’t had this yet, (Austin, Katie make me get this), since I could literally drink coconut rum every day, I’m not an alcoholic I swear. But there’s something about a Dole Whip-with-alcohol mashup that is a match made in heaven.
- Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
- This beverage can be located at The Citrus Blossom. Again, I have no idea why I haven’t tried this yet, wine is literally my last name.
- Canard Confit à l’Orange: Braised Duck Confit à l’Orange with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- This main course item can be found in Fleur De Lys in the France Pavilion. This is a MUST try item for me. For those of you who know me, you’d know that my whole family is from England- we love duck!
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Key Lime Wine, St. Petersburg, FL.
- The Key Lime wine can be found at Florida Fresh next to Morocco and France. This is the exact same wine as the pineapple sparkling wine from Pineapple Promenade, but Key Lime flavor!
- Desert Rose: Sparkling Wine topped with Pomegranate Liqueur
- This beverage can be found in Taste of Marrakesh in Morocco. Sensing a wine theme here, anyone? (it’s day 4 of quarantine and I’ve already gone through two bottles of wine I need something new)
- Strawberry Nigori Sake
- This beverage can be found in the Japan pavilion at the Hanami booth. I love sake, I love strawberry…this is a must-try.
- *Everything at the Germany booth
- The Bauernmarkt in Germany has SO MANY genuine food options! Cody, I know, would love every single one of these options but something tells me they’d be too cheesy for me, (1. Potato pancake with house-made apple sauce, 2. Potato Pancake with caramelized ham, onions and herb sour cream, 3. Toasted pretzel bread topped with black forest ham and melted gruyere cheese, 4. Warm cheese strudel with mixed berries). I’ll have Cody try them all and get back to you.
- Time Out: Bacardi Rum, Peach Liqueur, Peach Syrup, Pina Colada, Sprite, Soda Water and *Magic Boba
- This drink can be found in China at the Lotus House. I’m not convinced with the whole boba train, or sprite mixed into this drink, but I have to give it a go.
- Rosita Margarita: Rose Petal Liqueur, Agave Tequila (the best kind), Lemon and Cranberry Juices.
- This beverage can be found in the Jardin De Fiestas booth in Mexico. This margarita comes with a salt rim, which those closest to me know I’m not a fan of, but you can ask for it without. I want to try this so bad but for the price and size of the margarita, I always end up getting a non-festival version.
- Lamb Curry with Sweet Plantains and Rice
- This entrée item can be found in La Isla Fresca. I love curry and have to try this item!
We all know there are some items that just didn’t make the cut. Let’s talk about those:
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Orange Blossom Honey Wine, St. Petersburg, FL.
- This wine can be found at the Honey Bee-Stro food station. I feel so terrible about this item because if you know me you know I LOVE wine. I have such an affinity for wine and citrus, so for me to not have liked this is really sad. It was so citrusy and too dry for my liking. The citrus flavor seemed artificial.
- Harissa Chicken Kebab with Dried Fruit Couscous Salad and Cilantro Oil
- This kebab can be found at the Taste of Marrakesh in Morocco. This item really disappointed me. I LOVE Mediterranean and Moroccan food but this was a huge letdown. The item when handed to me was cold, I don’t know if it was meant to be or not but it was not good. To me, kebab’s sound be hot if not warm? And the dried fruit on top tasted stale to me, (sad face).
So what are your faves of the fest? I can't wait to get back to Epcot and soak in all the (alcohol) colors, foods, and friends. I wish I were there now on the first day of spring! Comment down below and share your memories so we can reminisce while the parks remind closed ):
Talk to ya later,
Sophie xoxo (@pixiedustandpunk)